MCCI Catena® 4430 Activity Sensor Wing
Its key feature is, option to integrate the Panasonic Passive Infrared (PIR) sensor, battery-backed real-time clock for monitoring, Micro-SD card slot for local storage.
The Catena 4430 Activity sensor wing has the following features.
- Provision for mounting Panasonic WL series PIR sensors (Recommended - EKMB1391112K). PIR sensor can be mounted on front or rear.
- NXP PCF8523 real-time clock (RTC) and calendar.
- Coin-cell battery holder - power backup for RTC.
- Micro-SD slot with required tri-state buffer for isolation, and power switch for completely removing power when not in use.
- Screw terminal (1x4) with two analog IO available for connecting to the field wiring or additional external sensors.
- Processor-controlled power switches for the Micro-SD enable and the external sensors (available at Screw terminal).
- Three different color LEDs for additional indication.
- NXP PCA9570 I2C based 4-bit general purpose parallel Output(GPO) for LED and internal control.
- Additional separate headers with I2C signals and UART signals, for testing/debugging or to interface with external circuits.
The BASIC variant is an unassembled kit. It includes the 4430 wing, the EKMB1391112K PIR sensor, one 4-position terminal block, and a set of female headers (12 pin and 16 pin). It does not include the CPU board.
The WING-ONLY variant is the Catena 4430 Activity sensor wing only. It does not include the PIR sensor, CPU board and headers or screw terminals. It is great for experimenters who want to breadboard more complex solutions.
The SYS-4610 variants are complete systems including a MCCI Catena 4610 LoRaWAN controller board with temperature, pressure, humidity and light sensors, assembled and tested. The SYS-4610 variants come without battery; you can use any of the Adafruit LiPo batteries. They SYS-4610-US comes with an antenna for 915 MHz operation (as in the US). The SYS-4610-UFL comes without antenna; you must supply an antenna with a U.FL plug.
The SYS-4618 variants are complete systems including a MCCI Catena 4618 LoRaWAN controller board with temperature, humidity and light sensors, assembled and tested. The SYS-4618-UFL comes without antenna; you must supply an antenna with a U.FL plug.
Software is available from github at https://github.com/mcci-catena/.
Volume discounts and custom variants are available. Contact MCCI via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
LoRa is a registered trademark of Semtech Corporation. LoRaWAN is a registered trademark of the LoRa Alliance. MCCI and MCCI Catena are registered trademarks of MCCI Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.