Model 4815 USB Type-C to RS-485 converter, DIN rail mount
The MCCI® Model 4815 is a USB Type-C® to RS-485/Modbus adapter designed for industrial applications. It combines an industry-standard FTDIchip FT232RL USB UART adapter with a Texas Instruments SP3485 RS-485 transceiver.
The Model 4815 comes assembled with clips, and mounts directly on 35 mm IEC/EN60715 DIN rails. The clips also accommodate miniature top-hat rails (15 mm x 5.5 mm) and some G-style rails.
The Model 4815 is an ideal companion product for the MCCI NerveCircuit™ Model 4811 Remote Power Meter, and interfaces to the MCCI Site Provisioning Tool without additional drivers or software.
Specifications and Features
- USB Type-C Connector
- Full-speed USB device
- RS-485 connection via 3-position 5mm pitch (0.197”) terminal-block header and plug with L-slotted screw terminals
- Baud rates from 110 to 921,600
- DIN rail mount; clips may be removed for panel mount
- Bus powered, operates from the USB supply; needs no external power supply
- RX, TX, and RTS LED indicators; RTS lights to indicate successful enumeration
- 3.3V power and RX/TX lines broken out to a 0.1” pitch (2.54mm) header
- 2M width (35mm)
The datasheet is available at the main page.Volume discounts and custom variants are available. Contact MCCI via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
USB Type-C is a registered trademark of USB Implementers Forum. MCCI and MCCI Catena are registered trademarks of MCCI Corporation. NerveCircuit is a trademark of MCCI Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.