Model 3501 Type-C SuperMUTT
MCCI’s Model 3501 Type-C SuperMUTT allows for extensive automatic testing of USB hosts that implement support for USB 3.1 gen1, USB-C™ Power Delivery, and DisplayPort alternate mode, based on the Microsoft SuperMutt.
The Type-C SuperMUTT can be used to verify that a Windows platform properly supports USB 3.1 and Type-C alternate modes and power delivery using the automated testing framework developed by Microsoft.
- Programmable SuperSpeed device operation with a 5-Gbps SuperSpeed PHY compliant with USB 3.1 Gen 1.
- Programmable high-speed USB device compliant with USB 2.0 allows testing of high-speed and full-speed communication.
- Supports control, bulk, bulk streams, interrupt, and isochronous transfers.
- Additional Type-C Port allows test of Power Delivery communication.
- Supports 16 IN and 16 OUT endpoints.
- Impedance controlled, low loss USB data path.
- DisplayPort port allows test of DisplayPort alternate mode.
- Connects to system under test with captive USB Type-C Cable.
- Device emulation based on Cypress CYUSB301X EZ-USB® FX3 SuperSpeed USB Controller.
- Integrated Lattice FPGA iCE40 UltraPlus provides support for Type-C cable configuration (CC) and Power Delivery (PD) communication.
- Integrated Programmable switching power supply can source power to the unit under test of up-to 100W (proivded power adapter supports 60W).
- Bi-directional power allows testing of power supply from system under test to external equipment.
- 10 FX3 GPIO and 10 FPGA GPIO lines are available through dual-inline connector on rear panel.
- Integrated fan with automatic temperature control.
- Fully assembled and tested Model 3501 Type-C SuperMUTT board with enclosure and captive Type-C cable for connection to system under test.
- 19V, 3.2A international power supply adapter (60W) with IEC 60320 C14 (three-pin) receptacle.
- NEMA 5-15P to IEC 60320-C13 power cord (ITA Type B: North America/Japan/Taiwan style). Length: one meter.
- DisplayPort and detachable Type-C cables shown in photos are for reference only, and are not included in the kit.
- Software for testing with Windows is available from Microsoft – see http://aka.ms/usbtypecmutt for more information.