Model 3501 Type-C SuperMUTT
MCCI’s Model 3501 Type-C SuperMUTT allows for extensive automatic testing of USB hosts that implement support for USB 3.1 gen1, USB-C™ Power Delivery, and DisplayPort alternate mode, based on the Microsoft SuperMutt.
The Type-C SuperMUTT can be used to verify that a Windows platform properly supports USB 3.1 and Type-C alternate modes and power delivery using the automated testing framework developed by Microsoft.
- Programmable SuperSpeed device operation with a 5-Gbps SuperSpeed PHY compliant with USB 3.1 Gen 1.
- Programmable high-speed USB device compliant with USB 2.0 allows testing of high-speed and full-speed communication.
- Supports control, bulk, bulk streams, interrupt, and isochronous transfers.
- Additional Type-C Port allows test of Power Delivery communication.
- Supports 16 IN and 16 OUT endpoints.
- Impedance controlled, low loss USB data path.
- DisplayPort port allows test of DisplayPort alternate mode.
- Connects to system under test with captive USB Type-C Cable.
- Device emulation based on Cypress CYUSB301X EZ-USB® FX3 SuperSpeed USB Controller.
- Integrated Lattice FPGA iCE40 UltraPlus provides support for Type-C cable configuration (CC) and Power Delivery (PD) communication.
- Integrated Programmable switching power supply can source power to the unit under test of up-to 100W (proivded power adapter supports 60W).
- Bi-directional power allows testing of power supply from system under test to external equipment.
- 10 FX3 GPIO and 10 FPGA GPIO lines are available through dual-inline connector on rear panel.
- Integrated fan with automatic temperature control.
- Fully assembled and tested Model 3501 Type-C SuperMUTT board with enclosure and captive Type-C cable for connection to system under test.
- 19V, 3.2A international power supply adapter (60W) with IEC 60320 C14 (three-pin) receptacle.
- NEMA 5-15P to IEC 60320-C13 power cord (ITA Type B: North America/Japan/Taiwan style). Length: one meter.
- DisplayPort and detachable Type-C cables shown in photos are for reference only, and are not included in the kit.
- Software for testing with Windows is available from Microsoft – see http://aka.ms/usbtypecmutt for more information.
Replacement USB cables are available here.
We regret that due to supply chain disruptions, we are forced to raise prices as of October 23. Further price adjustments may be required in order to ensure product supply.